Sunday, January 9, 2011

Seasons of Life

To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to be born, a time to die…a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance… Ecclesiastes 3:1-4


This was a week to experience both joy and sorrow.

We had Mike Hyde’s memorial service on Wed., supporting each other with happy memories and wondering about possible regrets – what would he have done differently with his life if he had a do over? What should I do differently with the rest of my life?
This is a link to the Rev. Billy Graham's comments on "do overs".


Saturday night was an exuberant gathering in The Back Porch party room to celebrate James Wilkinson turning 50. We laughed and cheered to his smooth moves and his funny gifts. While watching him dance with his mother, Peggy & I committed our hopes to live to dance with our sons on their 50th birthdays. My own desires for chair dancing were curbed by the unexpected event of spraining my foot earlier in the day while coaching at a math competition. Math is such a dangerous sport! I partied mostly from a seat at a table with my foot propped up in a chair while admiring the women who could participate in the world while wearing spiked high heels – ah, their glamor is my fantasy but really not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment