Top Ten/Eleven Reasons to Love Ron Washington
Today was a tough day at work. I let 5 things annoy me. Student, parent, co-worker, situation where the school phone system put all incoming calls into my room (What???), and a "friend" who sent me a message that he thinks Ron Washington is stupid. Oh, really! The nerve of that guy who spends his time finding a friend's sports passion and purposefully routing against that team! Oh, writing is such sweet therapy! Although I would never use my blog to vent about personal stories related to my job - I will use it to reply to the taunts of a misguided sports devil!
Here's why we all should lend our support to Texas Rangers manager, Ron Washington.
11. He reminds me of a favorite Saturday Night Live skit - baseball been very good to me!
10. He did cocaine and since decided to follow a different path.
9. He’s from New Orleans, suffered & survived loss in Katrina.
8. He gives us great quotes.
7. Here’s one of his great quotes: Whenever one of those styles is needed, I know how to use it. If I have to take it to the opposing team, I will. If the team is going well, I'll kick back and watch them play. If my offense is struggling, then I have to do something to help get them over it. You adjust to whatever the situation is.”
6. He has wisdom, but not eloquence.
5. His players love him (leadership)!
4. He’s made enough right decisions to get my home team to the World Series 2 years in a row!
3. He has a cute booty that likes to shimmy!
2. He has joie de vie – and he lets it show all over!
1. He reminds me of our dear, departed friend, Tom Armstrong!
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Matthew 7:1 Do not judge lest you be judged.
Acts 2:28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.